Part of any elimination diet with the aim of obtaining a healthier lifestyle will be to try out different recipes. Many nutritional therapists recommend this recipe mainly because contains healthy fats, a moderate serving of carbs and plenty of protein. It’s also tasty and easy to make. Many people may feel unhealthy or develop a food intolerance because they cannot be bothered to cook properly or simply do not have the time. This is why a mastering a few simple dishes, made quickly and efficiently, can do wonders for your diet.
Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti Ingredients
- 450g dried spaghetti
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin Olive Oil (to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 dried red chillies (chilli flakes could be alternative)
- 400g of raw prawns
- 1 small glass white wine
- 2 heaped tbsp sun-dried tomato puree
- Lemon zest
- 2 handfuls chopped lettuce
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
How to make your meal
- First add your spaghetti to boiling water.
- Whilst it is cooking, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Next, add the garlic, and chilli. When the garlic begins to colour, add prawns and then leave them for a minute.
- Cook the prawns through and remember to stir as you go so nothing burns.
- Now it’s time to add the white wine and puree.
- Once its all mixed in, you can also throw in a little lemon zest, along with your lettuce and rocket.
- Drain the pasta, add to the frying pan and toss the spaghetti around to ensure it gets mixed in with the sauce.
- Serve in a pasta bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you’re feeling especially hungry, you can warm up your favourite type of bread to go with your pasta – we recommend a garlic ciabatta.
What’s it like to have a seafood intolerance?
Living with an intolerance to seafood can be tough, but there are usually ways to manage it. Unlike an allergy, it is possible that your food intolerance could disappear after a period of up to six weeks. If you have ordered an intolerance test then you will experience the benefits of our 30 day aftercare programme, which includes a whole section on seafood intolerances.