Looking for a balanced and healthy salad complete with greens, grains and protein? Look no further. This salad is balanced with healthy carbs, fats, fibre and even some protein to round it off.
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp whole almonds
- 1 tbsp pistachio kernels, chopped
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 100g mung bean sprouts or mixed sprouts
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 15g cup mint leaves
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the packet until just tender, then drain and cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Toast the sunflower seeds, almonds, pepitas, and pistachios over medium heat in a dry frypan for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted. Then add to the bowl of cooled rice.
- Coarsely grate 2 zucchinis and gently squeeze them to remove any excess water. Thinly slice the remaining zucchini and add both to the rice mixture with spring onion and sprouts.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and honey together, then season. Add to the salad with the avocado and half the mint, then gently toss the mixture to combine it all. Serve scattered with remaining mint.